Handgun 2 is designed to develop essential skills that will help you survive a lethal force encounter.
Handgun 2 consists of a full day of classroom & range covering a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Safe handling of firearms
- Shooting fundamentals
- The defensive mindset
- Presentation from a concealed holster
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- Quality Holster – Strong side or Appendix only- (No cross draw, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, or small of the back carry). Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in This class. The ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement & Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use. holsters that collapse when the gun is removed will not be allowed in this course.
- No pocket guns such as Keltec PF9, Ruger LCP etc. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and re-holstering repeatedly.
- 100 rounds of Ammunition: we would typically use up to 250 rounds for this course, but due to the recent "ammo shortage", we will be utilizing Dry-practice techniques.
- At least 1 extra functional magazines ( 2 minimum ) or speed-loaders
- Magazine pouch or speed loader pouch.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With High Collar
- Sturdy Belt
- Baseball Cap
- closed front concealment garment
- Open front concealment garment
The Handgun 2 course length is a full day, typically taking 8 – 10 hours including a scheduled lunch break. A short break is given after each hour of instruction (approximately).