Summer Restaurant Week is here. Take advantage, go somewhere new, try something different and please report back on our Facebook page. Tag social media posts with #DSRW2018
Summer Restaurant Week 2018 Recommendations
The Miami Valley Restaurant Association
held another sold-out Summer Sneak Peek to Restaurant Week at The Steam Plant
in Downtown Dayton Wednesday evening. Originally constructed as a power-generating plant by DP&L in 1907, The Steam Plant served as a backup steam heating system for downtown Dayton until the mid-1980’s.
The venue underwent an extraordinary remodel before opening in late 2017. Local designer Christopher Shay designed the impressive bar to complement Steam Plant’s distinctive floor to ceiling windows, exposed beams, high ceilings, and brick walls.
Thirteen restaurants provided samples of items from their summer restaurant week menus
. My top 7 (my sweet tooth said yes to all 3 desserts) tastes were:
- Amber Rose - Sautéed Shrimp with Andouille Sausage over Cheddar Grits - This dish is summer comfort food. The spicy sausage and shrimp were delicious over creamy cheddar grits. YUM!
- El Meson - Caribbean Curry Shrimp and Garlic Rice - Celebrating their 40th Year in Dayton with a summer delight! Shrimp with red peppers, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, curry, and cilantro served with garlic rice.
- ele Cake Co. Bistro & Wine Bar - Confit Pork Loin served with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Craft Root Beer BBQ Sauce - Expertly seasoned pork loin and roasted veggies complimented by a unique Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
- Dewberry 1850 - Steamed Pork Buns with Korean Pork BBQ Sauce and Pickled Cucumber Slaw - Steaming the house made buns keeps them from browning, resulting in the uncooked appearance. Filled with BBQ pork and cucumber slaw, they were creative and are a 2nd course option during Restaurant Week.
- Coco’s Bistro - Vanilla Crème Brule - If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Served chilled they were amazing.
- Watermark - Chocolate Chip Canoli - The Watermark team had to work hard to meet demand for these sweet treats until they ran out of them.
- Brio Tuscan Grill - Tiramisu - This mouth-watering layered Italian dessert was espresso what I needed.
For a list of all participating restaurants, along with their menus, see our Complete Guide to Summer Restaurant Week.
© 2023 Dayton Local. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Dayton Local is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dayton Local with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.