Enjoy the summer at your MetroParks
Keeping the health and safety of the community, volunteers and employees top of mind, Five Rivers MetroParks will offer the following activities and events:
RiverScape MetroPark, 237 E. Monument Ave.:
- The Five Rivers Fountain of Lights will operate as usual Memorial Day through Labor Day. The fountains will operate for 10-minute intervals at the top of the hour during the weekday from 6:55 a.m. through 9:55 p.m. and on weekends from 10:55 a.m. through 9:55 p.m.
- Bike rentals will resume and operate from May 29 through Sept. 5. Reservations will be required for rentals during the week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and walk-ups will be accepted on the weekends from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 937-275-7275. The Bike Hub is also open and memberships are available online.
- Music @ Lunch will return with live entertainment on Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. from June 1 through Sept. 3.
- Food concessions will be offered:
- The RiverScape Café, located near the pavilion, will be open from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays from June 1 through Sept. 3.
- Light fare will be available at the Fountain Snack Bar, located in the center of the park, which will be open from May 29 through Sept. 5 on Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fitness in the Park returns this weekend and will run through August. Classes will alternate between Yoga and Zumba. The free classes will be held at the park from 10-11 a.m. and patrons also can choose to participate virtually and a link to each class will be made available on the RiverScape MetroPark Facebook page. Access to the fitness space will be restricted and pre-registration online is strongly encouraged to reserve a spot as space will be limited.
- MetroParks hopes to resume the free Summer Music Series concerts this summer, with details to be announced at a later time. Other events, such as festivals, are being evaluated on a regular basis; as decisions are made, they will be posted to metroparks.org/riverscape or announced by the event organizer.
- The interactive fountains will not be turned on at this time.
Island MetroPark, 101 E. Helena St.:
The water play feature, located next to the playground, will open for the season as usual on Memorial Day, May 31. Please note that capacity will be limited to 16 people, including MetroParks staff. Be sure to check out the Heart Healthy Trail at Island MetroPark, too – its paved surface is great for strollers and wheelchairs.
Wegerzyn Gardens MetroPark, 1301 E. Siebenthaler Ave.:
The popular Children’s Discovery Garden reopened May 1. Children and their guardians can enjoy playing and exploring what nature has to offer. Please note the water play area will not be turned on at this time and the Children’s Discovery Garden has a maximum capacity of 50.
MetroParks’ annual Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience cancelled
Due to current precautions recommended to slow the spread of COVID-19, as well as the increased support and planning needed to meet current public health guidelines, the annual Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience has been cancelled.
Twin Valley Trail Challenge rescheduled
The 2021 Twin Valley Trail Challenge has been rescheduled from Saturday, June 5 to Saturday, Sept. 25.