Glen Helen is a 1,000-acre nature preserve of woods, waterways, prairies, and fields, laced with 25 miles of trails. The grounds are open daily, dawn to dusk.
Glen Helen is the legacy of alumnus Hugh Taylor Birch, who, in 1929, donated the wooded glen to Antioch College in memory of his daughter, Helen. With this gift, the College accepted the responsibility of preserving the land in perpetuity. Additional gifts have expanded the preserve, which now encompasses 1000 acres, all accessible from a 20-mile network of footpaths.
Browse Dayton Local for similar listings: Parks & MetroParks in Dayton