Masks are no longer required when outdoors at Kings Island
Kings Island has confirmed several changes to its safety policy for the 2021 season. In a change to last season, masks will no longer be required while outside at Kings Island, but the requirement will remain for indoor rides and recommended for outdoor rides and where social distancing is not possible.
Here is the list of changes for the 2021 season:
- Reservations will only be required for visiting Soak City Water Park. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations for Soak City.
- Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued at the front gate.
- The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at the front gate and will not be conducted through the Kings Island mobile app.
- Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- There will be no limitations to ride capacity for most rides. Face coverings are recommended for outdoor rides and required for indoor rides.
Kings Island opening day for the 2021 season is Saturday, May 15. For more information, visit the Kings Island website.