Fire Department Open Houses around Dayton
In honor of National Fire Prevention Week (Oct 9, 2022 – Sat, Oct 15), fire departments around the Dayton area are joining the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to celebrate with a series of family-friendly open houses this weekend and into next week.
Participating fire departments include:
- Beavercreek Township Fire Department annual "Try a truck" event is Saturday, October 15 from 10am-1pm
- Bethel Township Fire Department in Tipp City will be open on Sunday, October 9, from 1-3pm
- Clayton Fire, Police and Service Open House is scheduled for Tuesday, October 4 from 4:30-7pm
- Clearcreek Fire District in Springboro will host their open house on Sunday, October 2, from 1-4pm
- Greenville Fire Dept. Open House will be Sunday, October 9 from 1-4pm
- Kettering Fire Department will hold its annual open house on Sunday, Octover 2 from 1-4pm
- Lebanon Fire Department will have their open house on Saturday, October 15, from 1-4pm
- Moraine Fire Division Fire Safety Fest is scheduled for Tuesday, October 4 from 6-8pm
- Vandalia Division of Fire will host their open house on Sunday, October 2, from 12-2pm
- Washington Township Fire Department is opening up five firehouses to the community October 10-14
"Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape."
"Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape" is the theme for the 2022 Fire Prevention Week, a gentle reminder that lives can be saved when family members agree on and practice a plan for escape during fires. In a typical home fire, there may be as little as one to two minutes available to escape safely, once a smoke alarm sounds.
For more information about Fire Prevention Week, visit fpw.org.