This position is responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of CNC machines, ball screws, motors, spindles, robots, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, and facility upgrades.
The Night Shift Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following job functions
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize diagnostic skills and troubleshooting ability while also expanding in areas such as basic electrical diagnostics
- Learn and apply preventative maintenance on various machines
- Initiates lock-out process and notifies affected associates
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Involved with facility maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to installing conduit runs, changing light bulbs or fixtures, replacing switches and replacing outlets
- Ability to learn functions and to navigate machine control panels
- Repairs or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Starts devices to test their performance
- Repairs electrical equipment
- Participates in department 5S objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Classification Requirements
- Must be mechanically inclined with some experience with machine control panels and a basic understanding of machine diagnostics
- Must stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor
- Exerts between 10 and 50 pounds on occasional basis
- Quality oriented & conscious
- Always adheres to Company safety policies
- Requires decision making skills
- Exhibits characteristics of good role-model
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Requires advanced training through in-house and/or external training methods
- Must be available to work any shift as necessary.
- Required to wear company-furnished uniforms and required personal protective equipment.
Employee may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other duties as requested.
Night Shift Position
7:30pm - 6am