The restaurant enters its fifth year on November 11 and owners Jimmie and Sue Brandell have put together a weeklong celebration to show appreciation to their patrons. Live music, daily food specials, raffles, and limited beer releases are all a part of the festivities planned for this week, culminating with a collaboration dinner on Sunday, November 13.
Week Long Anniversary Party Schedule
- Monday 11/7: Josiah Whitley Residency with Megan Bee at 10 PM
- Tuesday 11/8: Open Mic Jam hosted by Mikey Dread & Nick Brandell
- Wednesday 11/9: Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon Night
- Thursday 11/10: Great Lakes Christmas Ale Release Party
- Friday 11/11: Anniversary Raffle from 11 AM to Midnight with all proceeds going to the local VA. Cheesecake & the French will perform at 10 PM for $5
- Saturday 11/12: Anniversary Raffle from 11 AM to Midnight with all proceeds going to the local VA. Great Northern String Band will perform at 10 PM for $5
GhostLadder 5 ~ Celebrating 5 Years with 5 Courses
- Sunday 11/13: Jimmie’s Ladder 11 & Ghostlight Coffee will collaborate together on a five-course dinner. The after party and fifth course will be at Jimmie’s Greenhouse. Tickets are limited with a cost of $40 and are available at Jimmie’s Ladder 11 or Ghostlight Coffee.
- Course One: Espresso Black Bean Chili & Cornbread Muffin paired with Fifth Street Brewpub’s JoJo’s Midnight Stout.
- Course Two: Mixed Greens tossed in Walnut Maple Vinaigrette topped with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Red Onion, Candied Espresso Walnuts & Asiago Cheese paired with Fernet Cold Brew Cocktail.
- Course Three: Grilled Cheesy Grits topped with Bourbon Coffee Glazed Shrimp paired with Toxic Brew’s Night Ender Stout.
- Course Four: Coffee Braised Short Ribs served with Roasted Root Vegetables, Whipped Potatoes & Red Eye Gravy paired with Warped Wing’s Esther’s Little Secret.
- Course Five: Gamma Bomb Brownies topped with Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Brittle or Ghostlight Celebration Torte paired with hand poured Ghostlight’s “Poet & Pilots Blend” coffee and Warped Wing’s Gamma Bomb IPA infused with Ghostlight Coffee.
What you need to know about Jimmie’s Ladder 11
Jimmie’s Ladder 11 is located at 936 Brown St. in Dayton, directly across from Miami Valley Hospital. Housed in a beautifully renovated 1892 firehouse, the restaurant offers a warm and inviting casual atmosphere.
With a full-service bar, Jimmie's has rotating beer taps that offer both domestic and craft beers. The spacious restaurant also has ample seating, including an upstairs loft which is great for parties, and a beautiful patio for outdoor dining in the summer months.
They Have Amazing Comfort Food
What makes Jimmie’s Ladder 11 so special to us is the extensive menu that contains some amazing comfort food. Some of our favorite tasty options include: The Ladder 11 sandwich, Paisano Pasta Chips, Gumbo, Vodka Riggies, and Peanut Butter Pie.
Take advantage of this celebration to see for yourself why Jimmie’s Ladder 11 is a true Dayton Original!
Like this story?
© 2022 Dayton Local. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Dayton Local is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dayton Local with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.