Narrows Reserve, which was temporarily closed in early April due to overcrowding, will reopen at noon today.
Narrows Reserve in Beavercreek reopens today
Beavercreek OH - Greene County Parks & Trails has announced that Narrows Reserve will reopen at noon today, May 8.
"Effective at noon on Friday, May 8th, the Narrows Reserve will reopen to the public at both the river and the Nature Center lots," officials posted on the parks Facebook page. "Please remember to follow all park rules as well as all the guidelines in place by the CDC and state government officials."
The popular nature reserve was temporarily closed in early April due to overcrowding. The Nature Center will remain closed for now.
The post went on to remind visitors that parking in the grass and along the roadways is prohibited. With grassed areas blocked off with caution tape, cars will only be permitted to use established parking spots. If there are no parking spots available, visitors should consider the lot closed until a spot opens.
In an earlier message asking people to "do their part", the parks department posted some useful advice for visitors:
- Social distancing applies in nature as well! If you arrive at a park and there are numerous cars in the parking lot...move on! Go somewhere else.
- If you are in a park and there is a large group of people together...go another way!
- If you are feeling under the weather at all...stay away!
- Do not touch handrails, stay out of portable restrooms, limit the use of picnic tables, shelters and any other surfaces that cannot be cleaned
- Help with trash! If you carry it in, please carry it out! Leave no trace behind.